Monday, October 22, 2007

Update


Haven't been blogging much, way behind on reading my blog buds, feeling sort of overwhelmed by life at the moment. Some bullets, in no particular order:
* Got a bookcase from my mom on Friday (beautiful!) which made me start to sort through the umpteen boxes and shelves of books in my basement.
* Discovered mildew on most of them.
* Spent large parts of Friday, Saturday and Sunday in my basement wiping mildew off books and standing them around the dehumidifier to dry.
* Brutally rid myself of a large portion of my books -- 8 boxes now ready to give away.
* Reshelved rest of books. (I still have lots).
* Got horrible news last week of a young woman who volunteers in our office being date-raped.
* Got other sad news of a bad car accident with a church member who is now in a coma.
* Worked the past two Sundays, meaning I missed my own worship time.
* Missed LEAF, big, wonderful music festival near-by.
* Had my first live blogger meet-up with Jane R. of Acts of Hope! We ate sushi and I got caught up on much gossip from my alma mater.
* Still struggling with boss. Ended up in tears at office twice in recent weeks. This does not please me.
* On the other hand, had a good board meeting last week.
* Came home from the office sick today and spent afternoon sleeping or resting.
* Have a presentation to give on "Sabbath" later this week and can't find time to prepare for it. HA!
* Was treated to an amazing meal out last night after work and wished I had felt better to fully enjoy (though I did enjoy! Scallops, yum.)
* Am experiencing repeated blogger difficulties which is part of why I'm blogging less these days and ending this now.

10 comments:

more cows than people said...

good to hear from you.

(o)

Jan said...

So good to hear from you again. The struggle with the books shows your love for them. I need to sift through mine again, as I have too many piles and not bookcases for the books.

Wishing you to feel Peace.

Carol Howard Merritt said...

Ugh. Sorry about the tears in the office. I hate crying at work. It's something I always swear I'll never do, but then....

It's a good sign, though, that you're organizing and sorting what you can. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Missing you. Our mutual friend HKD and I got together yesterday. We both miss you.

From the horrific (date rape, accident) to the less so (mildew) to the wonderful (Table) - thinking of you in all this. The sorting of books is a huge thing.

Terri said...

wow. the mix of tragic and good things in your life....life can be, simultaneously rich and tragic.

pj said...

Have a presentation to give on "Sabbath" later this week and can't find time to prepare for it. HA!

The iron-eeeeeeeeee!!!

Oh LJ, what a life, comadre. Big hugs.

Magdalene6127 said...

(((lj))) Prayers for your office volunteer and member of the congregation. And for you! So much going on, so much positive and stressful. Take care.

lauraj said...

Thanks, all. It's lovely hearing from you.

Jan, missing you and HKD, too.

Diane M. Roth said...

I'm a little behind too.

sad about your books and mildew. I need to deaccumulate seriously, too, but can't seem to.

and so so sorry about your boss, too. praying with you.

episcopalifem said...

(((((LJ))))))))

Ooof. That's a whole lotta life happening at once.

I feel your pain with the book thing. I've done it before and I need to do it again. I don't want to.

Prayers for your friend who was raped and the one in the accident. oh...and for you too. Work shit sucks. Sorry it's shitty and sucky for you right now.