Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Five Things I Dig About Jesus
I've been tagged by Diane. I need to tell you 5 things I dig about Jesus and tag 5 people. The guy who started this meme is here.
1. Jesus loved a good meal. He ate with friends at their homes, in upper rooms, on the beach, at weddings, with sinners, with Pharisees. He was one eatin' fool. To remember him, he left us a meal.
2. Jesus cut through bullshit. He had no time for people who got testy about certain letters of the law while ignoring the large (spacious, generous) spirit of it.
3. Jesus liked kids. Was it their innocence? Their trust? Their sense of wonder? Their playfulness? Their lack of judgement? All of the above?
4. Jesus liked to sing. How do I know this, you ask? I just feel sure of it. It must be true because I want it to be true. (He probably danced well too. I'm just sayin', he weren't no white boy.)
5. Jesus healed. Bodies, minds, hearts, spirits, communities. Above all else, this is what he did.
OK, here's the thing about tags. Last week I tagged 8 people. I think 2 of them complied. I can't tag those people again and I don't know enough other bloggers. So if you are reading this and feeling left out, it isn't intentional and I would love it if you played along. I just don't feel I know you well enough to tag you, so anyone lurking here, consider yourself tagged. Tell me in the comments you're going to post on the subject and I'll happily come read what you say.