Sunday, September 2, 2007

Out of Purgatory at last!


My four days without internet at home have finally ended, after 4 long technical phone calls and TWO FULL DAYS waiting at home for a technician who finally came at 3 p.m. on Sunday when I had just stepped out to buy groceries and spent two hours rewiring my house after which he told me everything was working perfectly and since I was about to be late to church I said "great" and headed out the door, only to come home to discover it was not working perfectly, but after TWO MORE very long technical phone calls, it finally is.

On the bright side, I did get some house-cleaning done and read all of last week's newspapers.

But now I have lots of blogs to catch up with. See ya!

5 comments:

Diane M. Roth said...

nice to be connected again!

Terri said...

Oh, I hate it when we have technical problems...which happens often...sigh...glad you are back!

Jan said...

So glad you're back!

pj said...

How completely frustrating! Glad you're back online. I can't believe you had to wait 2 days for a technician. Let me guess: cable modem?

Also, that's a very nice picture. What exactly do I have to do to stay out of there? Because the guy with the skull head and the giant hand are freaking me out. :)

lauraj said...

Thanks, all.

PJ, Yes, cable. At least I should get some credit on my next bill for the two time windows they called and named for me and then missed. Glad it was a long weekend and I had today to have fun. And that I had a cold and didn't feel like doing a lot anyway. STILL.

As for keeping you out of purgatory ... I'm not sure I want responsibility for my own soul, much less for yours. But worst case scenario, Dennis could probably give you just the right wine to accompany the situation.